Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Vacation in Alaska




We have been in Alaska since Thursday and it has been so nice to be in cooler weather. I know that Alaskan's are sick of the cooler and rainier than usual summer, but being from Texas it is a very nice change. Today was rainy and around 60 degrees and should continue the same for the remainder of the week.

We had my parents 60th anniversary party on Sunday at the Dog Mushers Club up on Farmers Loop road in Fairbanks. Many people turned out to wish them well and it was great to see faces that I have not seen since I was a teenager. Yes it has been too long!!

I have been enjoying my visit with 5 sisters and 1 brother. The sisters, mother and I went to go see Momma Mia the other day. It was a good movie, but good thing that Pierce Bronsen (sp?) is good looking as his singing has something to be desired. The women did a great job in the movie. I hope to have a few more girl/sister events before I leave back to Texas. I will be here until the 7th of August, then we head down to the Seattle/Portland area for a long overdue family reunion on the Aasland side.

Hopefully I can post pictures tomorrow....

Sorry about the Christmas music, I will figure out how to change it. I forgot to have my sister-in-law show me before she left tonight to go back home in Anchorage.

4 comments:

Dana said...

whoops.
I can walk you through it - do you want to change the music or delete entirely?

Sue Aasland Nance and Terry Nance said...

Thanks-I would like to delete it. I will not keep up with it.

Dana said...

okay,
Log into your blog: go to layout and scroll down to the music box, click on Add page element and you will see the code come up. Click on remove element and then save the blog and it is gone.

Love the new posts, the pics are great and I hope Ryan gets better. We have sun and high 60's on plan for today.

Dana said...

whoops, go to edit(not add page element) in the layout page and then Remove. Easy.