Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ryan's ears

Just like last summer, my poor son has a busted ear drum while on vacation. Very frustrating as he mentioned late this afternoon that his ear was hurting so I gave him some Motrin to help with the pain. He had no other systems and the Motrin was not helping the pain. My mother took us to a nice clinic where Ryan was seen immediately, they rushed him in as they could see he was hurting. His left ear drum was busted. He had no other systems, no running nose or no fever. From now on before we get on a plane he will go to his doctor for an ear check before we fly. The doctor today told us to see an ENT before we leave Alaska, they will arrange it for us and call us tomorrow. Ryan is a trooper, we had to feed him in order to give him his Augmentin. When we got to my moms we made his favorite meal, pancakes, eggs and bacon. He ate and ate and ate. He is now resting comfortably and we will take in easy for the next few days.

My family went to see the Chena River which is near by. Due to the rains, the rivers around here are going over the river banks.

I will update our trip in the next day or two. The state fair starts in Fairbanks this weekend, I am sure we will be there once or twice.

No comments: