Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fair and Run of the Valkyries

Yesterday was the opening of the fair and we were anxious to go since the weather had been rainy and it finally stopped for the night. I think everyone in Fairbanks was ready to get out and mingle. I actually ran into a few people that I knew. The kids wanted to ride on all of the typical fair rides. This fair has some great food. I had to have some halibut, then Krissy bought some hot and fresh mini donuts that were just made and rolled in cinnamon-sugar-yum! Yes, I have not been eating well, I will have to diet again when I am back in Austin. This morning I volunteered with my sisters Krissy and Sally at a 8K run that was to benefit the Opera Fairbanks. The run was titled "Run of the Valkyries". We helped with registration before the race then we scanned everyone with their names and time ran afterwards. Tonight will be dinner at sister Glenda's place and tomorrow night will be at Krissy's. We cannot wait until Thursday when we fly down to warmer and sunnier weather in Forest Grove Oregon. We plan on making it to the Oregon Coast on Friday. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

2 comments:

Dana said...

see, you stay long enough they put you to work.

Sue Aasland Nance and Terry Nance said...

I know-it was fun! I hope all is well, we missed you guys at the reunion.